Are you anxious when coming to the dentist?
At Lion House Dental Practice we take our patient experience very seriously. We want our patients to have a pleasant and calm time with us and understand that past dental experiences may have lead to some developing a severe phobia of visiting the dentist.
We work closely with Dr Rob Endicott who provides dental sedation at the practice.
Do I qualify for dental sedation?
Do you have any of the following? If so then IV sedation could help you receive the dental treatment you require without anxiety, stress or fear.
- Fear of dental treatment
- Severe anxiety
- History of traumatic dental experiences
- Very sensitive gag reflex or difficulty opening your mouth
What is Intravenous Sedation?
Intravenous sedation involves an injection into the back of the hand using a sedative drug (Midazolam). The sedative will help relax you, making undergoing treatment stress free.
What are the advantages of dental sedation?
- No memory of undergoing the treatment, but you will still be conscious.
- No fear
- No anxiety
What are the disadvantages of dental sedation?
- Small injection in the hand or arm. A topical gel may be used to help numb the scratch of the injection
- Bruising after treatment in the hand or arm. This will heal a few days later.
- The drugs used can slow down your breathing. Throughout the treatment your breathing and blood pressure will be monitored.