As dental professionals, we must be registered with the General Dental Council and meet their standards.
There are nine principles that we must follow.
- Put patients interests first
- Communicate effectively with patients
- Obtain valid consent
- Maintain and protect patients information
- Have a clear and effective complaints procedure
- Work with colleagues in a way that is in patients best interests
- Maintain, develop and work within our professional knowledge and skills
- Raise concerns if patients are at risk
- Make sure our personal behaviour maintains confidence in us and in the dental profession
You can find out more at www.gdc-uk.org